What is a Physiotherapy Program?
Physiotherapy helps to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. It involves assessment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardio respiratory systems, the diagnosis of diseases or disorders associated with physical dysfunction, injury or pain and the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain to make your body functional and mobile again. Our physiotherapy program is also designed to educate you about your current condition and help to manage it in your daily activities.
For best results, physiotherapists get you involved in your own recovery.
Why See a Physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists study the science of movement. They learn how to pinpoint an injury’s root causes and focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. A physiotherapist can provide you with the therapy, guidance and lifestyle changes that can help you manage and recover from your injuries, surgery or chronic pain. Ailments addressed may include, and are not limited to:
Depending on your condition, the benefits of physical therapy may include:
- Improved balance/fall prevention
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Better sleep cycle
- Improved self-confidence
- Management of age-related medical problems
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
What Can I Expect From My First Appointment?
Our Registered Physiotherapist will complete your initial assessment and develop a program best suited to your individual needs. They will provide you with the information you need to make good decisions about your health.
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist assesses and diagnoses your condition
- You receive a program that sets goals for you
- You are prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed
Call us at (905) 220-9768 to book your assessment or send us a request with your questions and/or a brief description of your condition.